Proper Hygiene is Nothing New for our Food Trucks
Our commitment to proper hygiene has never wavered. We’ve just stepped it up to an even more vigilant standard to do everything we can to protect our Members, employees, customers and community.
- Hand Washing – has always been a cornerstone for the food industry, we will continue to be diligent.
- Masks and Gloves – Customer facing employees will be wearing masks and disposable gloves.
- Respiratory Etiquette – you’ll see a deeper focus on respiratory etiquette; some trucks may require customers to wear masks as well.
- Cleaning and Disinfecting – there will be more cleaning and disinfecting of all work surfaces, equipment, and electronics. We hope customers understand that this could cause slight delays in service.
- Employee Testing and Screening – we will continue to follow MN Dept. of Health and CDC guidance on testing. Employees will be required to self-assess before coming to work and will be screened and follow government guidelines upon arrival at work.
- Social Distancing – we will follow appropriate social distancing procedures for customers waiting for orders including markers placed 6 ft. apart outside of the trucks.
- Online Ordering – to further minimize wait times, trucks will be encouraged to implement online ordering systems.
- Condiments and Napkins – elimination of community dispensers of condiments and napkins
- Contact Tracing – for employees who become ill or believe they’ve been exposed, we’ll work with appropriate authorities to perform aggressive contact tracing to limit the spread.
BOTTOM LINE: WE’RE NOT MESSING AROUND! We take and will continue to take Coronavirus seriously, will be constantly monitoring developments and adapting to new situations as necessary to continue to be a major player in Minnesota food service. We promise.
This is a challenging time for all of us and as we navigate these changes and are immensely grateful to have been deemed essential businesses feeding and caring for our communities. Feeding our communities also feeds our souls. As a group of small, mostly family owned businesses, we’ve had to be pretty scrappy over the years. We can’t thank you enough for your support and trust in us.
We’ll see you out there,
Board Member | Butcher Salt
President and Chairman of the Board
COVID-19 Food Truck Resources
- Stay up to date with Minnesota Department of Health’s messages for food operators
- U.S. FDA- Food Safety and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Social distancing & operating
Incorporate Contactless Transactions:
- EasyEats is an online ordering system created specifically for food trucks. Additionally, you’ll be supporting a local small business and a sponsor of the MFTA.
- Accept online payment methods (ie, PayPal, Apple Pay, Venmo)
- Create distance markers on the sidewalk or pavement for your customer line: Sidewalk Chalk, Biodegradable Tape, traffic cones, etc. Get creative!
- Signage that is easy to find/read with all the new changes you’ve incorporated into your operations.
- Decrease person to person interaction, especially if serving at a hospital or health clinic. MDH suggests placing a small table outside of your truck to set completed orders on.